Saturday, July 6, 2013

You are so sweet!

Hello! I am soooo excited. I have been asked to be the guest designer at the Outlawz CAS challenge for the month of July! OMG, I am so honored. This weeks challenge is "You are so sweet."

Here is my card:
 
This card is very easy and quite fun to make. It can be a little messy if you aren't careful though. All it is, is 3 layers of cardstock, green, white, and I used thin chip board to prevent the paper from wrinkling.

On the craft, I centered and traced a circle. I then used glossy accents, because it dries clear if I got messy, and spread it in the circle. I started on the outside of the circle, at the bottom, and just kept putting it down and pushing it into place until the circle was completed!

I then added the stem to the sucker. I didn't have any actual sucker sticks, so I used a small red straw (we went out to eat  one night and were given red straws that were perfect for crafting. The waitress noted that I didn't use mine and also had my husbands. I told her what I wanted to do with them, and she returned later with a whole handful of them) that I dipped in white  paint and let dry completely. It adhered it with hot glue.

I added the bow to hide the junction of the straw and twine circle. It just didn't look finished.

The sentiment is printed off the computer.

At the last minute, I decided to add faux brown stitching to the edges.

I hope you like it. I really enjoyed making it. I got the idea on Pinterest. I had seen someone do it with an apple, and kind of kept the idea in the back of my head.

Miranda

1 comment:

  1. Miranda, this is absolutely adorable!!! What a marvelous idea. Welcome to the CAS challenge for this month.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete