Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Time's fun when your having flies!

I received my free digi for the Hambo freebie challenge today. This Hambo Hoedown challenge is a sketch challenge:


Here's what I came up with. I actually think it turned out pretty cute, considering the image is a venous fly trap!
Image & Sentiment: Hambo Venous Flytrap. Sentiment printed from computer and flytrap colored with sharpie markers.
Twine: from my stash
Papers: Green card stock is from Michaels. The yellow carstock is from DCWV. The pink in the folded up corner is scrap. The pink and blue corners of the flytrap are from Michaels. The "Flies" paper is a printable digital paper I got at www.digiscrapkits.com. There are several papers in the pack and I think I only paid $1 for it. The horse fly coming out from the corner was fussy cut from one of the paper from the digi pack.

I tried putting washi tape on the card, but I was too much. It might have been different if I didn't have the horsefly in the corner, but I removed the tape and it looks much better.

Here's a picture of the sentiment and fly trap. I tried to make the sentiment sort of imitate the blades or "trap" part of the plant:
Here's a close up of the horsefly. Isn't he cute?
I may end up giving this one to my nephew for his birthday, though I'm not really sure. I'm torn between this one and a computer/gaming type card. We'll see.

I am also entering this into the I Heart Sketches Challenge:
Sketch027

Miranda

1 comment:

  1. Fun papers and the fly in the corner is cute too! Thanks so much for joining us at the Hambo Hoedown.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete