Monday, July 15, 2013

One Layer Card (sort of)

As I am serving as the guest designer for the Outlawz CAS challenge this month, I would like to share one of my designs. This weeks challenge is a one layer card. Here is what I came up with
This is an A2 card made of plain white card stock. The image is a freebie from Tidbits and is simply called Dahlia. The sentiment is just a word document done in 2 different fonts. I usually create my cards in Microsoft Publisher, as I find it is more user friendly for graphics than Word. I do not have a graphics program like Photo shop or the like.

I started by adding a 5.5x4.25 square to my page (on the computer) so I would know where the boundaries of my card are.  I then copied and pasted my image onto the page and manipulated it until I has happy with the size and position. I the added a text box with the sentiment on the lower left hand corner. The card was then printed and cut out.

I wanted to make it sort of look like there were 2 layers of paper, but also was going for a modified spotlight/triptic look. To achieve this, I added black lines that are 1/4: thick to both ends of the card as well as in the middle of the card effectively splitting the card into 3 panels which get progressively bigger in size.

The leaves were colored with a Certainly Celery Stampin' Up marker. The flowers were colored with a light pink Sharpie marker. The veins on the flower were highlighted with a darker pink Sharpie. The shaded area were made darker simply by coloring over them several times with the same color.

I added rhinestones to the flower center. I guess technically this makes it a 2 layer card, but it was just screaming for some bling!

I am going to try to do a tutorial on this. I haven't quite figured out the best way to do so.  Anyway, I hope you like it.

Miranda.

No comments:

Post a Comment