Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Acorns and Leaves

It seems as though everyone is trying to get into the feel of fall. There are multiple fall/autumn challenges out right now and I have decided to join in the fun with this card creation:
All the papers on this card are scrap. The leaves are silk leaves that came from a fall leaf flower bunch I got at Wal-Mart. It cost less than a dollar and I figured I would find something to do with them eventually. The card base and the dark brown rectangles have been dry embossed with a wood grain EF. You can see one of 3 fibers that are tied between the dark brown rectangles. The fibers are actually burlap fibers that had frayed off a larger piece. The other two fibers are hidden beneath the leaves. The acorn was cut from the Create A Critter 2 Cricut Cartridge. I embossed the cap of the acorn with the Swiss Dots EF. I doodled some highlights on the acorn body and then applied glossy accents to the body. The first layer of the tag I did on the computer and cut out by hand. The inner layer was done with blending summer sun, more mustard, and really rust ink from Stampin' Up. I found a random bar code generator online and made the bar code. I printed it out onto the paper I had inked, cut it out and adhered it with foam tape.

I like the way it turned out. I hope you do to.

Challenges:
BBTB2: Use a fall theme on a project
My Craft Spot: Favorite Technique (dry embossing and Die cuts)
Craftin Desert Divas: Fall/Autumn
Craft Your Passion: Autumn/Fall Colors
Created with Love Challenges: Anything Goes
Pinspirational Challenge: Hello Autumn


Have fun and keep creating!

Miranda

19 comments:

  1. Adorable card. Love the leaves. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Created With Love Challenges.

    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this card all my favorite colors. Love the leaves too. Great inspiration for someone who is still having summer. Fall doesn't hit here till Nov. LOL Thanks for Joining in the fun at Created with love challenges.
    Linda K. DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! Love all those colors. Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Fall/Autumn“ Linky Party.

    Tara
    Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so pretty! I just love this barcode and what it says. Priceless!! Pretty leaves and love the acorn. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a GREAT Autumn card!

    Thank you for linking up with us at Craftin Desert Divas!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow!! This is so very pretty!!! Love the acorn and that barcode. Great use of the leaves. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Fall' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like those leaves. Thanks for joining us at PInspirational Challenges.

    kren
    PINdt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, love the leaf and acorn!! Thank you for join us at Created With Love Challenge this week, hugs Kate (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it. Great take on {PIN}spiratinal photo. And the sentiment is exceptional, very inspiring.

    Thanks for playing with us this week.

    Hugs, Keti
    DT @ {PIN}spirational Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card!! I love the silk leaves, your acorn is too cute and I love the embossing!! You sentiment is perfect!! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great autumn card. Love the silk leaves and the cute acorns. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 this week.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. First of all Miranda - I love your attitude about finding good deals for your supplies! I am a retired Nurse also and my favorite cards are often from my "scrap pile". You have made a lovely and very creative ccard... love the details of the knotted fibers holding together the strips of paper, the woodgrain embossing, the embossed and shiny acorn and I LOVE your sentiment on the barcode! LOL - well done! Thank you for sharing your project in the “Autumn Colors” Challenge at Craft Your Passion.
    ~ginny
    Design Team - Craft Your Passion
    RubberMAD at GettyCollection.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow :) your card is so beautiful!

    Thank you for participating in CYP challenge!
    Kat
    Craft Your Passion DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Its such a sweet card.Loved your take on the challenge.I simply adore your use of the barcode. Its truly priceless:)
    Thanks for sharing the card with us at {Pin}spirational Challenges this week.
    Hope you will join us next week too.--Sheetal(DT)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your pretty Fall card! My favorite colors of the year! :D

    ~Vanessa W

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nicely done! Thanks for joining us at Created With Love Challenges.

    Hugs,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card! The little UPC tag is brilliant!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so pretty! Love the embossing! Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot this week!

    Gwen

    http://thisandthatbygwen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a pretty card, I just love the embossing!! Thanks for joining the challenge at Craftin Desert Diva's


    ReplyDelete