Friday, July 5, 2013

Have a Fintastic Day

Hello again! Hope all is well with everyone. Or at least better than it has been with me for the past few days. Anyway, this card was totally an experiment and I just kind of kept making it up as I went along. But, I will be entering it into 3 contests:
1.  Outlawz Twisted Thursday: Beach theme
2.  Birdie Brown: July Freebie Challenge
3. 3 Girl JAM: Shape card with Ribbon

Here's the card. There is a lot going on, so this might be a lengthy post:

I'm going to start with the easy stuff. All papers were either from Recollections or they were just plain white cardstock I buy by the ream at Walmart. Can't beat 150 pieces of cardstock for less than $6.

The sand dollar, the sea shell, and the starfish were all free coloring pages.  I printed them on plain white cardstock and colored them with oil pencils.

The sand is 2 different layers of Kraft card stock that I cut using the Cricut cartridge Paper dolls for every day. When this is cut, there are some wavy cut lines and small dots cut in the card stock. I chose to go over those cuts with a brown sharpie. I then inked the edges with Early Espresso ink from Stampin' Up. I adhered the first layer to the bucket, then adhered the star fish, then the second sand layer then the sand dollar and sea shell.

The bucket is from the Cricut cartridge Ultimate Creative series. I it was actually a bucket on a stool. I cut the stool off. Then the bucket was a little too short, so I used it as a stencil so I could add some length to it.

The handle is a piece of floral wire with blue bakers twine wrapped around it.

I didn't have a shovel, so I piece one together with assorted shapes.

The dolphin and the sentiment are free digital stamps for the month of July at Birdie Brown.


The whole thing was then adhered to a bucket shaped card. That's the inside of the card flipped up so  you can see that the sand and shells are actually above the actual card.


I really do think it turned out quite cute. I hope you like it.

Have a good one!

Miranda

5 comments:

  1. Miranda, You did an awesome job creating your bucket shaped card and love all the wonderful things you add like the shells, star fish and even the sanded in the bucket and the shovel is wonderful.
    Hugs, Pat
    Oh I go to walmart and get their paper also, you sure can't beat the price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a FUN shaped card, Miranda! Great work! Thank you for joining this month's challenge at Birdie Brown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots going on with this card! Very well done! Thanks for joining us at 3 Girl JAM challenges. Julie O, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super beachy Fun! Love your bucket! Thanks for joining us over at 3 Girl Jam Challenges! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an adorable card!! LOVE the whole beach theme!
    Thanks for sharing and linking this up over at the 3GJ Challenge blog for our Shaped Card w/Ribbon Challenge! Hope to see you back tomorrow for a brand new challenge :)
    Jessica
    3GJ~DT

    ReplyDelete