Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Fintastic Birthday

My Nephew's birthday is next week. Currently he is into fly fishing, so I made this card for him.



The patterned paper is from the DCWV Haberdash stack. All the rest of the papers were scrap. The sentiment is computer generated. The fish is actually made out of textured pain chips I got at either Home Depot or Lowe's. The embossed panel is just some light brown scrap paper embossed with a wood grain folder. I then inked the de-bossed side with crumb cake ink from Stampin' Up. The fishing rod is just a down wrapped in plain cotton twine from my stash. The button reel is also from my stash. The fish was cut from the Camp Out Cricut Cartridge.
This picture shows the texture of the fish better. You can see that I touch the fish in places with Always Artichoke in from Stampin' Up to help bring out the texture.
 
 
Challenges:
  1. Outlawz Monday Greeting Card Challenge: Embossing
  2. Paper Players: Pattern Paper
  3. Craftin Desert Diva: Happy Birthday
  4. Craft Your Passion: Happy Birthday

I really hope he likes it. I hope you do to. Have a great day!

Miranda

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous card! Love the fishing pole, very clever idea. Thanks for joining us at Craftin Desert Diva's Birthday Linky Party.

    ~Tami

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute! Thank you for linking up with us for Tara's linky party at Craftin Desert Diva's We hope that you will join us again for the next linky party!

    Robin
    Cut One Designs by Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card well done .
    Thank you for joining us at our anything goes
    Through The Craftroom Door Challenge this week and GOOD LUCK !
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fishing rod is amazing. I love the metal reel that you added. Well done! Thanks for sharing at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete