About Me

My photo

I am a 37 year old nurse who is currently not working due to medical issues. I have chosen to pass my time crafting, but because I am not working, I have little money to spend on supplies. I have a small stash from while  I was still working but am now using what I have access to around the house. I also use things I can find cheaply at the dollar store, in the dollar bins, on clearance, or buy with coupons at Michaels and Hobby Lobby. I also like to shop thrift stores and garage sales for things to use in my crafting. You would be surprised with what you can find if you aren't afraid to prowl a little.

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Missing You

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is well and enjoying their weekend. I have a new card today (at least new to me).  I believe it is called a double swing card, or a double flip flop card, or who knows what else it  might be called.

I will be entering the card into the following challenges:
1.  Hambo Hoedown: Freebie Challenge
2. Outlawz Wednesday Sketch Challenge:

Here is the out side of the card:
 
This is the inside of the card (once it has been swung open):
 
In this picture you can tell what happens when you pull the edges of the card simultaneously:
 
Ok, for the specifics:
All papers are from DCWV except for the plain white cardstock base, the "Notes" paper and the "To Do" list. The clip  holding the post-it that says notes is from Stampin Up. The paper clip is from my stash. The eraser is a digital coloring page you get here. I was colored with sharpie markers. The "Notes" page is a 1" x 1 1/2" piece of post-it note with the work Notes handwritten on it. The thumb tacks were found here and also colored with sharpie markers. The to do list is a piece of scrap card stock that measures 1" x 1 1/2" and is hand written.
The cell phone image can be found here. It too was colored with sharpie marker and I added some glossy accents to the screen to add a little bit of authenticity. The sentiment and the little boy on the phone is from Hambo.

I have fallen in love with this card. I hope you like it too. Have a great weekend.

Miranda

1 comment:

  1. Great use of office supplies for this challenge! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Hambo Hoedown.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete