Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Love Story

This card is made especially with my mother in mind. When you see all the pictures, you will see why. All papers are scrap, except for the off white base, which is a 12x6 in. generic card stock from Wassau I brought at Target a few years back. The flat back pearls are from the dollar aisle at Michaels. The pearl flourishes were on clearance at Michael's and are by Recollections. The sentiments are stickers, also from recollections. The papers are from my scrap box. I distressed the pink papers with a distressing tool from Stampin' Up and inked them with crumb cake ink also from Stampin' Up. The paper roses are also from the dollar aisle at Michael's. The Scalloped heart is cut from cricut craft room basics as is the plain heart.

On with the show:


Obviously, this is the front of the card. 


Due to the folds, I created a belly band to keep the card closed. 


The front without the belly band.


The inside of the card. 


The pictures are of my mom and dad circa 1967.


The center of the card fold up to reveal another picture and sentiment.


My mom and dad circa the year 2000. Theirs is a true love story. I cannot wait to give this to my mom this weekend. I cried when I made this card. I expect happy tears when she reads it. I hope you all have a great Valentine's Day weekend.


Miranda


Challenges:
Outlaws:  Valentine's Day
Exploring Cricut: Valentine's Day + at least 1 jewel or pearl
Craftin' Desert Divas: Color Challenge: Red Pink White
Craft Your Passion: Chose Any Challenge from the Past Year (More than One Fold)
TTCRD: Anything Goes

21 comments:

  1. Miranda, this is so sweet. I know she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw this at Outlawz, Miranda and had to come by for a closer look! Magnificent. Great job with scraps and bargains. You're definitely my kind of crafter! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your mom will love this! I think she will love the sentiment behind it but then also, because it is so pretty! You had some gorgeous papers in your scrap stash, and I really like the pearls and embossing you added! Thank for joining FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous-the pearls, the paper, the heart belly band-your Mother will love this! Thanks for joining Exploring Cricut & FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Miranda, and I love the pictures and the story behind it! So clever! Glad you are feeling up and around these days! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful gift Miranda! This beautiful!
    And thanks for sharing this with us at TTCRD, hope to see you again in our next challenge! - XX Cara

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really clever. The paper is gorgeous, and the pearl are fabulous. Thank you for joining Exploring Cricut this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is totally awesome Miranda!!! The shape, the folds, the photos of your parents, the sentiment. Just perfect and oh so beautiful!!!! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Valentine' challenge at Exploring Cricut!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card, Miranda! Love the story behind it. What a thoughtful gift. TFS : ) Christine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so adorable. I love it. Thank you for playing along with us at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Miranda, I am sure your mom will love this card, a truelabor of love, TFS with us at Exploring cricut challenge this week, have a wonderful V's day too,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the design!! It is truly amazing!! Thanks so much for playing along at Craftin Desert Divas!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts
    Craftin Desert Divas DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful gift and I know she will love it. Thanks for entering it at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super creative!!! Such a lovely gift. Thanks for joining us at {PIN}spirational Challenges this week! Good luck!!
    Blessings,
    Zella

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous.So beautifully detailed and such a clever design.What a wonderful way to present these photos to your Mother.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Beautiful all around. I am sure your mom and you shared happy tears this weekend! Thanks for sharing at {PIN}spirational Challenges!

    Nance, DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Miranda, this is so beautiful! Great design and details. I'm sure your mom loved it! Thank you for joining us at {Pin}sperational Challenges this week!

    Amy~DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. How fabulous, your multi-fold car is gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing with us this past week at Craftin Desert Diva color challenge. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great project! Challenge this week! We enjoy seeing your creativity and your take on our inspirational photo. Join us again next week!
    kReN, {PIN}DT
    Come and see what I've done lately!
    http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for joining us at {PINspirational Challenges this week. Great project!
    kReN, DT

    ReplyDelete