Monday, May 6, 2013

Mom

I trust everyone had a good weekend. It's been rainy and dreary here. You know, the kind of weather that makes you want to curl up under a blanket and veg out all day. It's still like that today. Meet Sugars, he's got the right idea!
This coming Sunday is Mother's day, and just about every blog has a Mother's Day challenge. Since I have already made my Mom's and MIL's cards, I decided I would make a very clean and simple card for the challenges and I actually think it turned out beautiful.
This is a 5x7 card with a basic white card base. I then scalloped the edge of the front of the card and added kraft paper to contrast. The flowers are a 6 petal cut from 3 Birds on Parade. The biggest flower is adhered directly to the card. The medium flower is adhered with on layer of foam tape. The smallest flower is adhered with 2 layers of foam tape. The fibers are strands of burlap. I hand printed "Mom" in pink passion marker from Stampin' Up.
 
This card is very basic, but I think it turned out beautiful. Sometimes less is more.
 
This card will be entered into the challenges at:
1. BBTB2: Mom is the best
2. FCCB: #159 -- Mother's Day
3. Cardz TV: There's no other like my mother
4. Exploring Cricut: Mother's Day Challenge
5. My Craft Spot: For Mom
 
I have one more card that I will be posting here in a few minutes.
 
Have a great day!
 
Miranda



21 comments:

  1. I love your card, simple and elegant, the layering adds such a nice touch. Just perfect for Mother's Day. Thank you for joining us at Exploring Cricut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. Clean and simple and beautiful. Great printing BTW. Thasnks for joining us at BBTB2. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the simplicity of this and the contrast of the white and kraft. Cute little flowrs. Thanks for joining us for the Mother's Day challenge at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful!!!! Love the flowers and the burlap stems. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Mother's Day' Challenge at Exploring Cricut, our 'Mother's Day' challenge at BBTB2 and our 'Mother's Day' challenge at CTVS!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful and perfect. Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a wonderful card. Love the clean look. Your cut edge is fab and I love your flowers. Outstanding. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! The wavy side looks amazing with that gorgeous flower! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet and pretty! LOVE the strands of burlap for the flower stems!!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is very beautiful and elegant. Nicely done.
    Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut.
    Rae Ann O.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Miranda I am loving this card! I love the clean lines and I love the shape of it! The color combo is just beautiful and of course I love those daisies! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i so love this! thanks so much for sharing with us at bbtb2 AND cardztv :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the simplicity of this card, it's beautiful! The flowers are fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us this week at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love the simplicity of your card. The flowers are so pretty. Thanks for sharing at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The shape of the card makes me think of the curves of a vase. Great use of the burlap, too. Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB. Kim Ogden

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the clean look on this-you are so right about simple is more! You have lovely handwriting-I couldn't print that well if I tried! It looks like a stamp! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 this week :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops-forgot to also say I'm glad you added your project at exploring cricut also!

      Delete
  16. Lovely card. card. Thanks for playing along with FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simple and stunning!!! LOVE it!!!

    Thanks for playing along over at BBTB2!
    hugs,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the simplicity and the kraft and white! Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a pretty card, I love how clean and simple it is, the flowers and twine are terrific together!! Thanks for joining our FCCB Mother's Day challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a sweet and simple Mother's Day card, just adorable!! Thanks for joining us at FCCB!!
    Brianna

    ReplyDelete