Monday, March 4, 2013

Bye Bye Birdie Challenge Enty....incomplete

Happy Monday! So, I was cruising the web last night when I came a cross a cricut blog (+fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com). After reading through the website, I decided to do the weekly challenge.  This week's challenge is called Bye, Bye Birdie. There really aren't any "rules" other than I have to use any circut bird in the project, it is due the following Sunday at 7pm PST, and I have to post the final project here and link it to FCCB blog when I do so.

So, I got to work. This is what I have done so far.

I knew I needed to use a bird, so I decided I wanted a bird sitting on a branch. And I knew I wanted a sort of vintage look.  The backing page is a dictionary page that I adhered to card stock.  I also knew I wanted some texture, so I decided the best place to do so was the branch. What I did was take packaging paper (the thin brown craft paper people use to wrap glass or stuff in boxes to protect breakables) and pretty much drown it in mod podge and manipulate it into a 3D branch shape. While I waited for that to dry, I came across an old page of rub ons and decided to use them. So, the rose, clocks, key, and words (family and lifetime) are rub ons. I am unsure of the line as the packaging was gone.  Once the branch was dry, I painted on Tattered Angles Cork glimmer mist. Once that was dry, I lightly went over the branch with gold metallic paint to help bring out the texture. I then distressed the edges of the pages with a stamin' up distresser and Tim Holtz's vintage photo ink. I then very lightly went over the rest of the page with vintage photo also.

I'm not sure what I will use this for, but I'm thinking maybe the cover a mini album or possibly something in a family tree.  It needs a title though. Any suggestions?

Obviously, I still need to add the bird and will probably add some 3D flowers. Feed back greatly appreciated.

Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment