About Me

My photo

I am a 37 year old nurse who is currently not working due to medical issues. I have chosen to pass my time crafting, but because I am not working, I have little money to spend on supplies. I have a small stash from while  I was still working but am now using what I have access to around the house. I also use things I can find cheaply at the dollar store, in the dollar bins, on clearance, or buy with coupons at Michaels and Hobby Lobby. I also like to shop thrift stores and garage sales for things to use in my crafting. You would be surprised with what you can find if you aren't afraid to prowl a little.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Live with Passion

Just another quick card before I end up having to take something stronger than Advil for the pain. The design team at Freshly Made Sketches have posted their challenge sketch for the week:
Immediately, I thought about the passion flower that I had been wanting to try. As this is a clean challenge, I thought this was the perfect chance to try.  This is what I came up with.
The bottom most petals are made from 2 stars that have been off set and adhered together. The round part is a circle that had been cut in toward the middle and the edges have been inked. The stamen is a flower from cut from the home accents Cricut cartridge.


This is the flower I based my rendition on. Pretty close, but still needs some tweaking I think.
 
Miranda

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful interpretation of the flower and perfect for the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a pretty card - those colours are always a favourite of mine! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete