Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Live with Passion

Just another quick card before I end up having to take something stronger than Advil for the pain. The design team at Freshly Made Sketches have posted their challenge sketch for the week:
Immediately, I thought about the passion flower that I had been wanting to try. As this is a clean challenge, I thought this was the perfect chance to try.  This is what I came up with.
The bottom most petals are made from 2 stars that have been off set and adhered together. The round part is a circle that had been cut in toward the middle and the edges have been inked. The stamen is a flower from cut from the home accents Cricut cartridge.


This is the flower I based my rendition on. Pretty close, but still needs some tweaking I think.
 
Miranda

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful interpretation of the flower and perfect for the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a pretty card - those colours are always a favourite of mine! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete