About Me

My photo

I am a 37 year old nurse who is currently not working due to medical issues. I have chosen to pass my time crafting, but because I am not working, I have little money to spend on supplies. I have a small stash from while  I was still working but am now using what I have access to around the house. I also use things I can find cheaply at the dollar store, in the dollar bins, on clearance, or buy with coupons at Michaels and Hobby Lobby. I also like to shop thrift stores and garage sales for things to use in my crafting. You would be surprised with what you can find if you aren't afraid to prowl a little.

Friday, May 10, 2013

Mother's Day Card Container

Hey guys! Hope you have had a good past couple of days. I haven't been feeling the best, so I have missed a few days. Sorry.

Anyway, if you remember, a couple of weeks ago I made a card from my mother-in-law:
You can see here, that there is absolutely no way to put this into an envelope. I was just going to put it in a flat rate box and send it, but my husband suggested that make something similar to the masculine box I made a while back. So I came up with a book:


This is the front. The papers are scrap, but I think the pink roses came from DCWV and the paper on the spine is from Recollections. The rosette ribbon is from Stampin' Up. To the center of the flowers I used glossy accents to adhere pink beads from my stash. The digital stamp is from freevintagedigistamps.blogspot.com/ and colored with Stampin' UP ink: Regal Rose, Always Artichoke, and early espresso. I couldn't get the "book" to close properly so I added a resin rose and bakers twine and a crinkle ribbon bow as a closure.
The sides of the book are from recollections.
The inside papers are from K & Company. And you can see that the card fits almost perfectly. The boxy part of the book is actually a small flat rate box from the post office. I think my mother-in-law will love it. It will be sent out tomorrow. She will get it late, but, better late than never I guess.

I am going to enter this into 3 contests:
1. Little Scrap Pieces:  Fun Friday Mother's Day Challenge
2. 3 Girl JAM Challenge:  Use a digi with ribbon

Have a great night!

Miranda

7 comments:

  1. Great idea to make a matching box and this will be so easy to mail. Thanks for sharing at Little Scrap Pieces this week.

    Georgiana
    • Carson's Creations •

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Great design and love the flowers! Thanks for joining us over at Little Scrap Pieces and 3GJ ! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning...thanks for joining 3 Girl JAM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miranda wow love this the colors are so pretty. Thanks so much for joining the lsp challenge. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous project!!!!
    Thanks for sharing and linking this up over at the 3GJ Challenge Blog for our Use a Digi w/Ribbon Challenge! Hope to see you back tomorrow for a brand new challenge!!
    Jessica
    3GJ~DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your box and what a great way to package your beautiful card!!! thanks for joining us at the 3 Girl JAM challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete