Friday, May 3, 2013

Masculine Anniversary Card

My 5 year anniversary is coming up on the 20th and the challenge at BBB2 is a wedding/anniversary challenge. So, I used this as the perfect time to come up with a card for my husband to celebrate our anniversary. Now, we have been married for 5 years, but were together for 5 years before that and were friends for 2 years before that. So, we really have given each other some of the best years of our lives. Anyway, here is what  he will be getting:
I you have been following my blog for a while, you know that my husband and I love to fish, so it made sense to make a fishing card for him. The back ground paper is from recollections. The brown paper is scrap, the "wood" paper is a scrap piece of light tan paper that I ran through the embosser with a wood grain folder then inked the debossed side with crumb cake ink from Stampin' Up. The sentiment was printed off the computer. Now, the fish was cut with the Camp Out Cricut cartridge at 2.5". The paper is actually paint chips from Glidden. Every time I go to Lowes or Home Depot, I go to the paint department and chose some pain chips to use in my crafting. I inked the edges and cut outs with an olive green sharpie to bring out more of the green tint in the paper. The fishing rod is a dowel that is wrapped in twine. Nothing special about the twine, I got it in the automotive department at the dollar store. 

Obviously, this is the inside of the card. The fish are stickers from Stickabilities, that I have had in my collection since 2 houses ago. So, that would be 4 years in this house, 2 in the previous house, and 2 in the condo. Wow, almost 10 years.

I will also be entering this card into the challenge at Paper Playtime. The challenge is embossing.

Hope you like it.

Miranda

10 comments:

  1. Fantastic job on your card. I love the fishing rod and twine. That fish cut is awesome! Thanks for sharing at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card, Miranda! I love a good "Man Card" and this one is outstanding. Great cuts, twine, etc. Thank you so much for joining us at BBTB2 this week! Love this anniversary card!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous anniversary card. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous anniversary card. Love the pole and line. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card theme for your man, since you both love fishing! I love personalized cards :)
    Glad you shared with us at BBTB2 this week!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card!! I so love the way you made the rod and reel. And that fish is great!! Love how you finished the inside, too. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Wedding/Anniversary' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Niranda what a fantastic anniversary card! Your husband will love it especially as you both love to fish! I love the dowling and twine rod and that'sa great way to use paint chip samples too. Thankssomuch for joining us at BBTB2
    Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh Miranda, I am loving this non traditional anniversary card! You are so clever and talented! Happy anniversary to you and your hubby too!! Love to hear stories like yours, so awesome that you guys have spent so many years together! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic! Thank you for playing at Paper Playtime. Be sure to check out our Facebook Page to see if your project entry was highlighted and linked to your blog!
    Paper Playtime Challenge Page on Facebook
    :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome card :) thanks for sharing with us at bbtb2 AND paper playtime :) happy anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete