Sunday, May 5, 2013

Lady Bug Card

Ok, let's get the technical mumbo jumbo out of the way. I will be entering this card into the following challenges:
1. Cardz TV: Make a card, layout, or craft project for Mother's day
2. Little Scrap Pieces: It's a bug's life
3. 3 Girl Jam: Anything goes with Ribbon

Ok, this card was actually kind of an experiment. I saw a card on the web that is very similar to this one. It appears to be a card that was done at a Stampin' up retreat (http://stampndesignstore.blogspot.com/2011/03/butterfly-bee-lady-bug-cards.html). I could have paid for the template, but figured it would be easy enough to figure out. Which, after some thought, it really wasn't that hard to figure out. So, here is the card:
Say hello to little miss lady bug. I believe the black paper is from recollections. The red paper is glitter paper from DCWV. The black buttons are from my stash. The eyes are while gel pen with black sharpie. The crinkle ribbon I received in an RAK.  Thanks Karen!!! Now for the inside:

AS you can see, this card is simply shapes. The base is three 4" circles welded together with a 2 inch circle welded to the top of the center circle. The two outer circles are folded back on each other and adhered to itself. I added the black half circle so that the wording couldn't be seen peeking through from the inside. I then cut a small wedge out of the circles to represent the  opening of the wings. I printed the sentiment out on the computer and adhered to center circle.
The sentiment: I was going through some things at my Mom's house the other day when I came across a box of stuff I had made in elementary school. Included in this box was a hand made card made of  white constructions paper with ladybug stickers all over it. On the inside, was this sentiment. I'm sure it was something the teacher provided, but I think it is very cute.

I think it needs a little refinement and definitely more buttons. Oh, well, there's always next time.

Hope you like it.

Miranda

6 comments:

  1. Cutest little lady bug ever!

    Thanks for joining the Cardztv Design team for this fun challenge.

    mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for joining the lsp and CARDZ tv challenge with your adoralbe card! I love this and will be stealing oh I mean borrowing it.... ;)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute Your lady bug is adorable.
    Thank you for joining us at Little Scrap pieces.
    LSP--DT member
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness...super cute lady bug card! I love the shape:) Thanks so much for joining us at LSP!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an adorable card! Love how it opens!
    Thanks for sharing and linking this up over at the 3GJ challenge blog for our Anything Goes w/Ribbon Challenge! Hope to see you back tomorrow for a brand new challenge :)
    Jessica
    3GJ~ DT

    ReplyDelete