About Me

My photo

I am a 37 year old nurse who is currently not working due to medical issues. I have chosen to pass my time crafting, but because I am not working, I have little money to spend on supplies. I have a small stash from while  I was still working but am now using what I have access to around the house. I also use things I can find cheaply at the dollar store, in the dollar bins, on clearance, or buy with coupons at Michaels and Hobby Lobby. I also like to shop thrift stores and garage sales for things to use in my crafting. You would be surprised with what you can find if you aren't afraid to prowl a little.

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Today's Haul

It has been so long since I have had any extra money for crafting, I can't even remember when the last time was. Anyway, I found $20 in a pair of capris I haven't worn since last year and decided I needed to spend it on crafting stuff. And, since this is a blog about crafting on the cheap, I thought I would show you what I was able to get with my $20.

First stop was Big Lots:
As you can see, I spent a grand total of $14.93 at Big Lots. Now, I did also get a Coke that was $1.55, so I spent a total of $13.38 on craft stuff.  Here is what I picked up:
The Water Color Pad has 12 sheets of paper that are 11 x 16 and was $5. The DCWV paper stack was also $5. The metal butterflies were $1.50, and the other package was a dollar. The last package is  pack of "sticky Stax" Large Journaling Tags. There are a Total of 36 with 4 different styles. They kind of remind me of Post-it notes.

Next stop: Michaels. I went there specifically looking for some needed embellishments for the project I am working on for my mom for Mother's day. I spent a total of $5.60, bringing my overall total to $18.98. Here I picked up:
The most expensive item is the wood frame which was $2.49 but only $1.49 after the 40% coupon.  These Items will be used on my mom's gift.

I made one more stop at Wal-Mart. I needed something for my sister to display her tag on. I ended up getting two of them, they were $0.97 each:
The total came to $2.03.

My entire shopping total came to $21.01. I went over by $1.01, But considering what I bought, I think I did pretty good. I am hoping to be back later with something, but I'm not sure. I'm pretty tired and my head is killing me.

Have a great night!

Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment