Monday, April 22, 2013

Star Themed Card

It's been a rough weekend. I have felt horrible and really haven't done much except for sleep. So, obviously not much in the way of crafting. But I was able to work on one project. Over at Die Cuttin' Divas, the challenge was to use a star on your project to celebrate Astronomy Day. I had a great idea in my head all week, but it just didn't seem to come to fruition until this morning. Here goes:
The card measures 6x6. The base is plain white card stock. The cow, moon, and star are made from scrap paper. The blue star paper and the cow banner paper are free digital papers I downloaded and printed from Snip, Snap, Time to Scrap. All shapes were cut on my Cricut except for the banner which was cut by hand. The moon is from Pooh and Friends, the star is from Beyond Birthdays, the cows tuft of hair, hooves and his spots are from the Ultimate Creative Sampler, and the ears are leaves from Giant Flowers. The rest of him is just a mish mash of shapes welded together to obtain the shape I had in mind. The sentiment was printed off the computer and is a quote from W. Clement Stone.
Again, the cow and star paper are digital downloads and the sentiment is printed from the computer. The stars are cut from scrap glitter paper which I believe are from DCWV glitzy glitter stack. I am unsure of what cartridges I used to cut the stars, but there are several different styles of stars.
And, I ended up with my first easel card. Hope you like it. I may be back later, depends on how I feel. Hopefully, today will be better. Please feel free to leave questions, comments, concerns, etc.

Have a great day!

Miranda

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. What a adorable easel card!! Love it!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. that happens to me all the time I see a card in my head never comes out that way. I think yours is super cute. I had a question for you Miranda when you feel up to it email me at
    kfranciola @ nycap.rr.com (no spaces) thanks Karen

    ReplyDelete