Wednesday, April 17, 2013

With Sympathy

Today's card is very simple and easy. I have been struggling with a cold or allergies, or something and trying to do anything more complex just wasn't going to happen. Between the coughing, sniffling, sneezing, sore throat, and the shaking from the cold medication, I think I'm lucky to have gotten this much done. Anyway, I will be entering this card into 3 challenges:
1. I (heart) sketches

2. Flutter By Wednesday
      use a sentiment with butterfly or fairy
3. The Perfect Sentiment 
      color challenge: coral, aqua blue, and late

Here is my interpretation of these challenges:
OK, here's the breakdown:
"Late" card stock from Recollections.
Very Vanilla card stock from Stampin' Up
Marina Mist card stock from Stampin' Up
Coral Print Paper from DCWV A Type of Art mat stack
Sentiment printed from computer
Butterfly digital stamp from Tidbits Trinkets Images colored with oil pencils
Orange resin flat back flower
Marina Mist coordinating bias tape (not from Stampin' Up, but not sure of brand).

I think this turned out to be a beautiful sympathy card.

Before I finish this entry, I want to thank Brenda at BBTB2. I was chosen as project of the week for my April Showers entry! Very exciting!

Have a great day!

Miranda

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty card! Love the butterfly! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty butterfly stamp. Great job,,, thanks for joining us at the perfect
    Sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card. The butterfly image is really pretty. Thank you for joining this week's challenge at Flutter By Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card! Love the butterfly image and the offset elements! Thanks for joining us at The Perfect Sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty! Love how you've coloured your butterfly! Thank you for joining us at Delightful Inspiration {from the heart}!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. Love all the details you put into this..Thanks for joining us here at PS.
    Pam DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! The butterflies just jumps off the page - great design! Thanks forplaying along with us at The Perfect Sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so sweet. I just love the beautiful butterfly and your bow set off with the flower. Gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Perfect Sentiment this week.

    ReplyDelete