About Me

My photo

I am a 37 year old nurse who is currently not working due to medical issues. I have chosen to pass my time crafting, but because I am not working, I have little money to spend on supplies. I have a small stash from while  I was still working but am now using what I have access to around the house. I also use things I can find cheaply at the dollar store, in the dollar bins, on clearance, or buy with coupons at Michaels and Hobby Lobby. I also like to shop thrift stores and garage sales for things to use in my crafting. You would be surprised with what you can find if you aren't afraid to prowl a little.

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Make a Wish

Ok, yesterday I promised exciting new........Well, I have been invited and have accepted a design team position for the Saturday Paper a la Mode Challenge on the Outlawz challenge site!  I am soooooo super excited! (can you tell). I am still getting to know the ropes, so hang in there with me as I'm sure it will be a bit rocky at first. But, there will be a post every Saturday!

The first challenge I am doing as DT is Birthdays. Here is my project:
Card base: Brown chevron pattern paper for DCWV Habberdash stack

Circle Layer: Cranberry paper from Stampin up. The layer is from the Designer Calendar. It is meant to be the circle version of the calendar grid. I chose to shrink it and make it card sized.

Small Rectangle layer:   Crumb Cake paper from Stampin' Up

Ribbon: from my stash. I think I bought it in a dollar bin at Michael's after Christmas this past year.

Candle: just a plain old birthday candle that you can pick up at pretty much anywhere. I get my at the dollar store.

Sentiment: freebie from Bird's Cards. The coloring was done with sharpie markers and, you really can't tell from the picture, but I put some glossy accent on the candle flame. The white highlights were done with a white gel pen.

Tip: do not use hot glue on the candle. I melted the first one in half. You might be able to do it with a low temp gun, but I don't have that option. I just ended up using Aleene's tacky glue.

I am so excited and hope you are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment