About Me

My photo

I am a 37 year old nurse who is currently not working due to medical issues. I have chosen to pass my time crafting, but because I am not working, I have little money to spend on supplies. I have a small stash from while  I was still working but am now using what I have access to around the house. I also use things I can find cheaply at the dollar store, in the dollar bins, on clearance, or buy with coupons at Michaels and Hobby Lobby. I also like to shop thrift stores and garage sales for things to use in my crafting. You would be surprised with what you can find if you aren't afraid to prowl a little.

Friday, August 2, 2013

The Cat's Out of the Bag!

Hey everyone! I am back. I wasn't gone as long as I thought I would be, but next trip will be for about a month. So, I am making the most of my scrapping time.

As you all know, I have some health issues. I have a conditions called pseudotumor cerebri. It's a condition that presents with all the symptoms of a brain tumor without actually having one. My doctor's here at home are kind of in a bind. See, what happens is, either my body produces too much spinal fluid or it doesn't absorb it properly. This leads to a build up. Because the skull is not flexible, the pressure has not where to go except to press on my brain. I causes horrible headaches, dizziness, nausea, ringing in my ears, and a whole other slew of symptoms. My pressure is not high enough for surgical interventions and the medication I am on to help cannot be increased because of the side effects I am experiencing. So, all that is left is pain control. The doctors around here are pretty poor at controlling pain (at least so far), so I have reached out to the Cleveland Clinic and am being enrolled in a month long, very intensive chronic pain rehabilitation program.

So, I am currently waiting for the insurance to give the go ahead for the clinic.

So, until then, I will craft away. This card is definitely not my best work, but I love the image. It is the new one by From the Heart. It is for their weekly sketch and monthly challenges.
I was going for sort of a monotonish, card with a pop of color. I think I chose the wrong monotone colors though. Anyway, until next time.....

Miranda

2 comments:

  1. Awesome coloring Miranda.

    Thanks for joining our "Freebie of the Month" Challenge @ Delightful Inspiration {from the heart}

    ReplyDelete