Monday, August 26, 2013

Oo, Oo! Pick me! Pick me!

Ok, the title is a bit dramatic, but I can get that way sometime. So, you ask, why did you name the post that? It's because Delightful Inspirations (from the heart) is having a design team call. Usually, I don't participate in design team calls, but I love the images of Faith Skrdla and they also have fabulous weekly sketch challenges.  So, I whipped up something.

This is a recessed window card. It measures 5" x 6". The recessed window measures 4" x 4". If you have not made a recessed card and are interested in a tutorial, you can find all kinds of good ones on you tube. The brown cardstock is Early Espresso from Stampin Up. The image is from From the Heart Stamps and is called Spring fence. I used a combination of Sharpie markers and Stampin' Up markers to color the image. I had a hard time with the grass as you can see. No matter what I did to it, it kept coming out all streaky. So, I have up on it for fear of making it even worse. The sentiment is also a From the Heart digital stamp and is printed on scrap cream cardstock. The leaves were cut from the Cricut and I drew in some veins. The metal butterfly is from Maya Roads and the rhinestone is from Michaels.

Hope you like it.

Have a great day!

Miranda

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Miranda! I love the recessed window design! Thanks so much for entering the DT call. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great technique and beautiful card. Thank you for your participation in the "From the Heart Stamps" DT call .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Miranda! I love the recessed window, will give that a try. Thanks for entering the DT call at FTHS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous Miranda!!! You've colored up one of my many favorite image. Adore that butterfly embellishment too!!! Thank you for entering the DT call.

    ReplyDelete