About Me

My photo

I am a 37 year old nurse who is currently not working due to medical issues. I have chosen to pass my time crafting, but because I am not working, I have little money to spend on supplies. I have a small stash from while  I was still working but am now using what I have access to around the house. I also use things I can find cheaply at the dollar store, in the dollar bins, on clearance, or buy with coupons at Michaels and Hobby Lobby. I also like to shop thrift stores and garage sales for things to use in my crafting. You would be surprised with what you can find if you aren't afraid to prowl a little.

Monday, June 24, 2013

Seas the day!

This card will be entered into the Saturday Paper A La Mode challenge at Outlawz.
 
All the papers I used were scrap. The card base is plain white card stock. I then took another plain white card stock, slightly smaller than the base and ran it through the embosser with the Cuttlebug D'Vine swirls folder. After that, I lightly spritzed the paper with home made blue glimmer mist.


 The rocks at the bottom of the page are actually clouds from the Ultimate Creative Sampler Cricut cartridge. I cut them out in grey paper and crumbled them up for some texture. I then lightly inked them in Marina Mist ink from Stampin' Up. I was trying to make it look like it was under water. But the blue was too blue, so then I lightly went back over it with silver ink from Studio G.

The "sea weed" is also from the Ultimate Creative Sampler. I cut it out in dark green cardstock. Then added the veins with a green bic marker. I then inked the whole thing in Marina Mist ink again.

The bubbles are from Everyday Paper Dolls. I cut them in blue glitter paper and inked between the bubbles with a turquoise pen for better definition.

The fish is a freebie from Doodle Pantry called Finny Fish. I colored her with sharpie markers and added some iridescent glitter paint to her fins. In order to make her appear wet, I coated her in glossy accents. Then, mounted her on foam tape.
The sentiment was printed from the computer and then spritzed with the same blue glimmer mist. It was a free bubble fount I found on the internet. I am honestly not sure where I got it from, but (don't laugh) I think the font is called fart bubble. yeah, I know, gross, but fell in love with the little bubble surrounding the letters. I think it is very appropriate for an under the sea scene.

I think it turned out very cute. Hope you like it too.

Miranda

1 comment:

  1. Cute, especially with all those glittery bubbles.

    ReplyDelete