Monday, June 24, 2013

Seas the day!

This card will be entered into the Saturday Paper A La Mode challenge at Outlawz.
 
All the papers I used were scrap. The card base is plain white card stock. I then took another plain white card stock, slightly smaller than the base and ran it through the embosser with the Cuttlebug D'Vine swirls folder. After that, I lightly spritzed the paper with home made blue glimmer mist.


 The rocks at the bottom of the page are actually clouds from the Ultimate Creative Sampler Cricut cartridge. I cut them out in grey paper and crumbled them up for some texture. I then lightly inked them in Marina Mist ink from Stampin' Up. I was trying to make it look like it was under water. But the blue was too blue, so then I lightly went back over it with silver ink from Studio G.

The "sea weed" is also from the Ultimate Creative Sampler. I cut it out in dark green cardstock. Then added the veins with a green bic marker. I then inked the whole thing in Marina Mist ink again.

The bubbles are from Everyday Paper Dolls. I cut them in blue glitter paper and inked between the bubbles with a turquoise pen for better definition.

The fish is a freebie from Doodle Pantry called Finny Fish. I colored her with sharpie markers and added some iridescent glitter paint to her fins. In order to make her appear wet, I coated her in glossy accents. Then, mounted her on foam tape.
The sentiment was printed from the computer and then spritzed with the same blue glimmer mist. It was a free bubble fount I found on the internet. I am honestly not sure where I got it from, but (don't laugh) I think the font is called fart bubble. yeah, I know, gross, but fell in love with the little bubble surrounding the letters. I think it is very appropriate for an under the sea scene.

I think it turned out very cute. Hope you like it too.

Miranda

1 comment: