Sunday, June 9, 2013

1 Tequila, 2 Tequila, 3 Tequila, Floor!

I have come across a new sketch challenge and they just happened to have the perfect sketch for a friend's birthday. The challenge is at The Sweetest Thing.  Here is the Sketch:

I am also entering this card into the anything goes challenge at http://createdwithlovechallenges.blogspot.com/.
So, back in the day, my friend (and no it wasn't me, LOL) was a big tequila drinker and I found the perfect digital stamp at Bugaboo. Here is my rendition of the sketch:
 

 All papers are scrap except the card base, which is actually white. I'm not big on animal prints, but I thought this would be the perfect place to use it up. The sentiment came with the stamp.
The purpose of this picture was to try to capture the bling above the shot glass. You can tell it's there, but the iridescence didn't show up. As you can tell, I'm not the best at coloring. I am still new to the whole shading thing, and her hair is a mess, but I figured since she was drunk, it really didn't matter. Her hair was colored with Stampin' Up ink in crumb cake as well as early espresso. I attempted, poorly, to blend with blender pen. I colored her skin with a light flesh colored oil pencil.
 

 
Here I am trying to show the shading that I did. Well, I did that but also showed you where I went out of the lines. Her dress, the shot glass, her boots, her earrings, her sunglasses, and the grey shading were all done with sharpie marker. I find shading with sharpie much easier than the who blender pen thing. I guess after I do it enough, the blender pen technique will get easier.
This is the inside of the card. The sentiment was inspired by a CAS challenge I did quite some time ago. The challenge was care. When it comes to CAS, I try to think outside the box, and the above sentiment was what I came up with.

I am quite proud of this card, even though it's kind of messy. I hope you like it too.

Miranda

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing at Created with Love Challenges.

    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your card at CWLC Blog.

    Chris B - DT

    ReplyDelete