Thursday, June 20, 2013

Vintage Birthday

Back with a quick card. The challenge for Thursday at Outlawz is to distress your design.

Well, it turns out this was the perfect challenge. You see, I was trying to straighten up my craft area and I came across a card base that I had made. It was already distressed, so I just needed to finish it. So, here is what the outcome was:
 

The card base is plain white cardstock. I then adhered the script paper (k & Company basic gray). Then I took a page from an old dictionary and spritzed it with my homemade tea glimmer mist. When it was dry, I tore away the edges and adhered it to the card. I then added the Vertical pink and white piece (also from K & Co. Basic Grey).  That was the base of the card that I found while cleaning up.

Next, I found a free vintage typewriter digi, free vintage cake digi, and free vintage type writer keys (all at freevintagedigitalstamps.com) I printed them all out on cream colored paper. I cut out the typewriter with my scissors then the smaller parts out with a craft knife. Then I very lightly went over the typewriter with vintage photo distress ink and adhered it down to some gold shimmer paper. The edges of the gold paper were distressed with a Stampin' Up distress tool. I then adhered that to a black piece of card stock that had been torn at the edges.
Next I sliced a line where the paper would come out of the typewriter. I used a free font Byron Mark I (your can download it here: Byron Mark I), which is meant to look like vintage type, I cut it out in the shape of a piece of paper, distressed it and slid it through the slice to make it look like the paper was in the typewriter. I also curled the paper slightly to make it appear that it had been through the roller of the typewriter.
The keys were next. I also printed them out on cream colored paper. I added a bit of vintage photo to age it some and decided that it wasn't the look I was going for. So, I spritzed it with my home made tea glimmer spray. Not only did it add an aged look, it added some shimmer too.

 The cake was last. It was printed on cream paper, colored with Stampin' Up  markers, spritzed with tea glimmer mist and added to the card. You may have to enlarge the picture to see the shimmer on the cake. For whatever reason, I couldn't get it to show well in the picture.

I am quite please with the vintage look to this. Hope you like it.

Have a great night.

Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment